On February 18, 2018, Atty Gerald Marcus reported on YouTube of an amazing event to occur at that time called the 5th Annual Los Angeles Trial Lawyers Charities (LATLC) Casino Night. This event was held on Saturday, April 21, 2018, at 6:00 pm, and the co-chairs of this event were Gerald Marcus, Scott Corwin, Minh Nguyen, and the Board of Directors of LATLC. Also, the venue of this event was the Hollywood Roosevelt Hotel at 7000 Hollywood Boulevard, Hollywood, California 90028.
The Trial Lawyers’ Charities (TLC) in Los Angeles is a nonprofit organization founded, funded, and maintained by attorneys, antitrust attorneys and others, in Los Angeles communities. The main purpose of this organization is to provide a positive difference in the quality of life for people in the Los Angeles area.
Thus, TLC provides financial and direct assistance to needy individuals and groups that meet its mission statement. TLC focuses on issues relating to education, children, survivors of abuse, people with disabilities, and homelessness.
At this event, attendees had a complete buffet dinner, a Texas Hold’em Tournament, spa treatment, hors d’oeuvres, live entertainment, a hosted bar, a silent auction, and much more. The following includes more details that were listed under Atty Marcus video about this event:
- New for that year included VIP registration in the Casablanca Night Club, VIP reserved Tables/Booths with bottle service, complimentary valet parking, virtual bowling, virtual golf, fun games, and an “After Party” with a full bar, late-night treats, desserts, DJ, and dancing until 2 am,
- The following are also new for that year: mobile spa, including massages, manicures, and reflexology, fortune tellers, henna artists, tarot card readers, photo booths, and casino table games, including craps, blackjack, and roulette wheel. Prizes were allotted for the final seated players of their Texas Hold’em Poker Tournament.
- The Poker Room was centrally located in the Main Lobby. The Blossom Ballroom, Old Hollywood Night Club, Silent Auction area, and Howard Hughes room surrounded the lobby. Also, classic music from the ’30s to the ’50s was played by Maria De La Vega and the Wayward Five, an incredible jazz and blues sextet in the “Old Hollywood” Night Club.
- Also, new for that year, a 16 piece authentic Big Band called the “The South Coast Swing,” played the style of the 40’s swinging years.
- Black tie attire was optional.
For more information, including sponsorships, tickets, and VIP packages, please visit www.latlc.org The following website listed is