Few things in life are as simple as the seem.
In fact, without an experienced legal adviser, it can be difficult to manage the things that you need to accomplish. From working with an estate planning lawyer to make sure that your plans are in place to real estate lawyers who make sure that all of the details of a house sale are in place, many of the things that we accomplish in life require the help of an attorney.
Slip and fall lawyers help people get the help that they need to recover from a personal injury attorney and auto accident attorneys helps make sure that all of the necessary details are considered in a settlement case, so it is important to make sure that you have the legal advice that you need. An estate planning lawyer is especially important to make sure that your wishes are followed once you are gone.
Even at the end of life when you are certain that you have found a great place for your aging parents to stay, it can be important to know when to seek legal advice. A recent headline indicated, for instance, that there are a number of nursing home and care facilities that are underreporting their understaffing statistics. Too few people at work can lead to serious problems, including injury and death, in a nursing home that has many vulnerable patients.
Consider some of these facts about the many times when people might benefit from the advice of a legal consultant:
- 22% of slip and fall incidents resulted in more than 31 days away from work.
- 52% of personal injury cases relate to motor vehicle accidents, many of which may be caused by a distracted driver
- As many as 55% to 70% of Americans do not have an estate plan, or even a simple will.
- A recent study indicated that there may be as few as only one in 14 cases of elder abuse that are ever reported to authorities.
- in fact, 40% of nursing home residents in the U.S. have reported abuse. even more alarming is the fact that 90% of residents have reported that either they or another resident have suffered from neglect in a nursing home.
- 95% to 96% of personal injury cases are settled pretrial, leaving only a small percentage of them that require an actual trial.
Whether you are looking for an estate planning lawyer or you are need of an attorney to help navigate the difficult challenges required in a personal injury case, it is always in your best interest to get the help that you need as soon as possible.